A Pacific Northwest native, digital addict, photo buff, storytelling and music nut living in Seattle.
When I’m not hunched over the keys blogging, researching or scouring Bandcamp, Pitchfork to seek out my new favorite indie artist, I’m snapping photos and dreaming of mountains and oceans, swinging a golf club, strummin’ the guitar or tuning in to catch the latest episode of This American Life.
What drives YOU? I love meeting new people and learning about interesting backgrounds.
Thanks for stopping by, be sure to say hello!
Feel free to introduce yourself or contact me anytime at: email@example.com.
*The views expressed in this blog are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.
SAMPLE SIDE PROJECTS
Oct. 2011 – Occupy Seattle Audio Slideshow
Teaming up with production friend Chris Sewell and armed with my camera, we took to the streets of Seattle for a short storytelling project around the protest. I love doing this stuff – everyone has a story.
April 2011 – 30 Reasons to Register as an Organ Donor Blog
In support of National Donate Life Month, I created a blog to demonstrate how easy it can be to create a steady drumbeat of educational content around issue advocacy.
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS & ARTICLES
I’m a regular contributor for Ragan Healthcare Communications.
• How to Make the Leap to Visual Storytelling for Your PR Initiatives, PR News Webinar, Feb 2013
• Br@nd U – Presentation for 2012 Murrow Symposium at Washington State University, Apr 2012, Pullman, WA
• Br@nd U – Presentation for 2011 PRSA Jumpstart Conference, Apr 2011, Seattle, WA
• Br@nd U – Presentation for 2011 Murrow Symposium at Washington State University, Apr 2011, Pullman, WA
• Facebook for Public Relations – Webinar presentation for PR Daily, Jun 2010, Seattle
• Strategizing with Social Media vs. Traditional Media Strategies – Panel presenter for Publicity Club of Chicago, Feb 2010, Chicago
• Maximizing Use of Facebook & YouTube for the Donation Community – Presenter for Gift of Life Institute, January 2010, Chicago
• Power of Conversation – Using Social Media to Motivate Action in the Donation Community – Presenter for Gift of Life Institute, January 2010, Chicago
• Power of Conversation – Developing a Social Media Strategy That Works – Presenter for Ragan Communications Webinar, September 2009, Chicago
• Power of Conversation – Using Social Media to Motivate Action in the Donation Community – Presenter for Donate Life America annual conference, June 2009, Saint Louis
• Breaking Down Facebook - Tips & Tools to Help Engage Your Facebook Fans – Presenter for Donate Life America annual conference, June 2009, Saint Louis
• Healthcare & Social Media - 2009 Trends & Strategy – Presenter for Healthcare Public Relations & Marketing Society of Greater New York, March 2009, New York
• Establishing Your Social Media Strategy – Webinar presentation for national organ/tissue transplant community, Nov 2008, Chicago
• Using Social Media for Donor Education – Presenter, 32nd Annual Meeting, American Association of Tissue Banks, Sep 2008, Chicago
• “Reaching Out – Digitally: Donate Life Illinois leading the way with blogs, MySpace and Facebook to increase donor registrations,” UNOS Update (United Network for Organ Sharing), May-Jun 2007
• Not Just a Story: A Channel for Lifesaving Change (Presenter, Web strategies and social media marketing in public education campaigns) – Donate Life America Spring Workshop, Jun 2007, Dallas
• Work with Donate Life Illinois is also featured in
nationally-acclaimed book, Nudge.