7 Secrets Revealed
Social Media Snippets is all about focusing on the changing world of the Social Web and its impact upon PR and marketing. That being said, following a tag in this post from fellow blogger David Mullen, I realized that I have revealed very little personal info about myself outside of my About page.
This little “Reveal 7 Secrets About Yourself” meme has been floating around the Web quite a bit so I thought I’d chime in as well. Here we go:
1) My settlement pattern has come full circle. I was born in Maine, then lived in Michigan and a northern suburb of Chicago before spending 14 years growing up in Oak Harbor, WA on Whidbey Island. I went to college at Vanderbilt in Nashville and lived in Newport, RI after that. I now live in Chicago. See? Full circle.
2) I will endlessly argue that the best scenic drive in this country is the Cascade Loop. On that same note, Arrowleaf Bistro is one of my favorite restaurants in WA and anytime I visit the homeland, I do everything possible to visit Rainy Pass in the North Cascades so that I can sit in peace while looking out at this view. Remember, these are secrets, let’s keep ’em that way.
3) I have never had cable. There, I said it. And no, apartment guests are not flattered by this fact but rather annoyed that it takes me a good 5 minutes to tweak rabbit ears for semi-decent reception for what is usually a very poor weekday sitcom.
4) I’m obsessed…no, really obsessed with music. I worked at a small indie label near Newport, RI for awhile after being a Public Affairs Officer in the Navy (yup, quite a swap) but seemingly got out of the music biz at just the right time before the rise of all this digital stuff.
5) I have a horrible tendency to read multiple books at once. I’ve currently got my hands on James Frey’s Bright Shiny Morning, David Sedaris’ Naked and Dave Evans’ Social Media Marketing. On top of that, I read Time, Newsweek and about five different music mags at any given time. I need to change that, but I won’t.
6) I should probably be a spokesperson for Saucony. I currently own four pairs of Saucony shoes and would probably buy four more in a heartbeat. On that same note, I own 10 gray t-shirts that are all the same. Saucony shoes and gray t-shirts, guess that’s my game.
7) There are two people I am frequently told I look like. Hamilton Leithauser (lead singer from the Walkmen) and good ole John Krasinski (AKA – Jim Halpert from the Office). If only I was a sliver as rock n’ roll or half as witty.
Now, in accordance with the meme, I’m supposed to tag 7 more people to participate in the next round. Instead, I’ll be a rebel and break the rules by leaving it open to any readers to participate as they desire.
Here are the “rules” for my fellow bloggers:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
Holy crap! That Rainy Pass photo is amazing. I now must make it to WA some day. I feel like you could lose yourself in a place like that. In a good way, of course.
Absolutely, a must see. I promise it doesn’t rain as much in the PNW as people say. Just go during summer or ideally during Fall and you won’t regret it.
Scott -I have the same problem as #5. I take in way too much content. I’m a content junkie. Weekly Tribune, Sunday Times, The Economist, GQ, not to mention blogs, online news sources, and a handful of e-newsletters. I’m convinced one should never stop learning.